Hypnotherapy is a treatment that is based on the premise that the mind and body do not work in isolation. By sending a person into a hypnotic state, the therapist aims to trigger the body’s mental and physical self-healing processes that lie in the subconscious (Irish Health).
What is your subconscious mind? The subconscious is part of your mind that operates like an autopilot. Your subconscious mind has immense power in controlling your life experiences and is responsible for the automatically triggered feelings and emotions that you suddenly experience upon facing a new situation. If you were about to give a presentation then all the fear and anxiety feelings you might experience are in fact launched and controlled by your subconscious mind.
By programming the subconscious mind with the help of hypnosis, you can fix many problems in your personality. The subconscious mind learns by repetition and not by logic. This is why you can convince someone to believe in something by repeating your argument again and again rather than using logic.
Hypnotherapy Step by Step.
Distracting the conscious mind causes a dissociation of the conscious and unconscious mind and is the first step in inducing hypnosis. There are many different techniques a hypnotherapist can use to put a client into hypnosis.
By talking to their clients in a soothing voice and getting them to visualize relaxing and monotonous situations, practitioners gently send their clients into a state of very deep relaxation, where they will still be aware of their surroundings but are very much more sensitive to suggestion.
Once the patient has closed their eyes, the hypnotherapist deepens the trance by suggesting to the conscious mind to daydream or relax. While the conscious mind is inactive the subject is likely to respond to all suggestions literally. Positive suggestions are then introduced and absorbed by the conscious mind.
When in this state, your subconscious can be ‘reprogrammed’ to effectively break negative thought patterns and life-long negative habits. It opens your mind to positive changes, allowing life-changing transformation to take place.
What are the benefits?
• Feel worthwhile, self-confident and zestful.
• Gain a happier home life; become a better husband, wife, parent, or friend.
• Acquire the ability to completely relax in any situation.
• Make better decisions.
• Improve concentration.
• Overcome procrastination.
• Increase the quality of your emotional expression.
• Reduce conflict and stress.
• Promote health and well-being.
• Regain your natural ability to sleep easily.
• Sell yourself, your ideas, and your services with confidence and enthusiasm.
• Increase your income.
• Attract and maintain worthwhile friendships.
• Discover your negative mental patterns and how they affect you.
• Free yourself from hostility, resentment or fear of rejection.
• Select your goals in life and chart your course for their realization.
• Program your mind with positive mental concepts and success attitudes.
• Develop the ability to construct mental images easily.
Hypnosis has its limitations, however, it is always worth trying to use it, because there is no “down-side” to the technique. At worst, it may do no more than making the subject feel a little better from getting attention, but it cannot do any damage itself.
Would you like to experience hypnotherapy for yourself? Contact me today.